Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week 17 of IMCDA Training

Well another week down in the record books for IMCDA training. I'm so happy to be at this point and can't believe that I can actually sit here and say that my first and well probably last ironman is happening next month! That's right, June 21st will mark the day of the big event. I'm ready to have a normal weekend life back.

This has been a crazy week. I haven't been able to get my lunch time coached swim in since the pool has been down. Hopefully this week, I'll make it to at least one coached swim and a long open water swim. I have at least been keeping up with the long open water swims.

Saturday we had a exciting and bad day. We were all signed up to head to Shiner, TX for the 100th anniversary of Shiner Beer. They have a ride every year to Shiner and I was due for 100 mile ride this weekend so why not do a ride that is supported. We got going at 7am with little to no wind that morning. No big deal. I was hoping it would have stayed that way for a while. Well I had hoped very wrong. I'm thinking the wind picked up at about mile 40 something and just got worse...20-30mph head winds all the way to Shiner and crappy chipped sealed roads. I managed to find a few nice guys to draft off of until I either got tired or they got tired on my on their back wheel. Either way it was nice. I made it to Shiner at about 2:30pm and was so happy to be off that stupid bike. We made 3 stops that day and they were awesome!

Week 17 details:
Monday: indoor spin
Tuesday: pt, core, indoor spin and run
Wednesday: 2 mile swim and run
Thursday: indoor spin
Friday: Day off
Saturday: 100 mile bike ride
Sunday: 5 mile run(suppose to be 9 but had a lot of pain in my knee and didn't want to push it to where it was going to just kill me)