Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week 18 of IMCDA Training

Finally a weekend without wind! It's amazing what that can mentally do for someone while they are doing a 90 mile bike ride. All in all it was a great week for working out. No lows, no super high points just a steady pace with awesome weather...ok, well a little on the hot side, but that happens in Central Texas this time of year!

Week 18 details:
Monday: Spin class and massage
Tuesday: Spin class and at least a 3 mile run with linds
Wednesday: Run with Gilbert
Thursday: Cold water swim and pizza
Friday: open water swim with Coach Pain
Saturday: 90 mile bike ride, did most of this on my own. Rode with Travis for a short time, and met some nice man on 360 while some stupid police officer stopped us mid hill to let traffic go by..who does this. Rode with him to Bee Cave(have to say this is the only thing that kept me going and not quiting) finished the rest on my own. Went through over 150 ounces of water that day...can you say hot and humid!
Sunday: 6:30am run with Linds...did 19 of the 20 miles. I have to say that is good considering I'm still have some serious hip flexor issuse but my calf had no pain! But where I cut my feet on the oysters...well they have come open again and have blisters on them..weird.