Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CapTex Tri Race Report


2nd in the Sprint Athena Divison!
Man, did I need this race! I had the best time ever! I raced the Sprint Athena divison and just had a blast with this race. I needed something light and fun before IMCDA rolls around. The morning started off well. I didn't have to get up early...6am is sleeping in these days. I ate some breakfast and called Ali to make sure she was awake. She was and she was off to town lake to do her race also.

Collin and I make our way down there and I get setup. No big deal since the bike was already there. I make my way down to the water and just sit and wait for my group to go off. I hate waiting for anything in life and waiting for a race to start is not much fun either.

Finally, after some chat with a few friends, I'm in the wetsuit and I'm getting ready to go.

I make it down to the dock and see some teammates and get a quick pic with one and we are in the water. Before I know it the gun has sounded and we are off! I'm cruising in the water and loving it. The water was a little cold at first but not to bad.

I make it out of the water after 750meters and I'm headed to the bike. I get the wetsuit off and put on my socks, shoes, helmet and sunglasses and I'm off! I'm just hoping to not crash and end my ironman career this late in the game. The first loop went by quickly..6.25miles goes fast. The second loop seemed faster until I get to a harry turn. So jackass decides to cut the corner from the outside inward and rub his back wheel with my front wheel...what the F*&K dude! You can't do that! I'm yelling and trying to stay up right, and then I make it through that and about take out another woman during it! But we all stayed upright and kept going. I wanted to kick that guy.

I get off the bike and make it to my tennis shoes for the run. I told myself only 3 miles and you are not allowed to walk...ok, I walked but for only like a minute or less total! That is great for me! I walk to much during races and beat myself up in the end about it! I was all smiles on the run! It was so much fun!

I crossed that line and felt great! Best race for me since I've started triathlons!