Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 16 of IMCDA Training

Well another week down and only several more to go until June 21st. And let me say, I CAN'T WAIT! I'm excited and anxious at the same time(to the point I need a xanax for it). Of course it was a windy week and weekend. Go figure. This has to be the worst year for ironman training. I'm hoping the day of the race there won't be any wind.

Not much to report on this week but a few more injuries that have come up. Seems that my hip flexor/quad, lower back and right calf seem to be all hurting on the same side. After some time in the doctor and in PT I'm hoping to be back on track. Dr. Sellers has suggested lot of strength training between now and CDA. Maybe it is time for some of Coach Chrissie's(Pain's) core classes on Wednesday morning if I can drag my butt out of bed. I can't have this pain come up at mile 17 on the run in Ironman or I will crumble!

Week 16 details:
Monday: 20 mile run that turned into 16 miles with Karen and Lindsey
Tuesday: One lap in Barton Spring(400 meters) followed by a drink at Chuys...i needed a break:)
Wednesday: 2 mile Open Water swim and I felt great
Thursday: spin class and run
Friday: day off
Saturday: 62 mile bike ride, first meltdown of the training...got back to the car and started crying about not making 75 miles. I was having mental blockage with getting through those stupid 16 mile loops, my back was hurting, I had pressure in the female region and did I mention the WIND was blowing again. So I went back to the car, stretched and cried...I felt better :) I didn't want to ruin Karen's ride with my negative self.
Sunday: 17 mile run