Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 8 of Ironman Training


Ugh...is all I can think and say right now. The wind this weekend was HORRIBLE! The coaches decided to change the weekend and flip-flop the bike and run days. So we ran on Saturday and biked on Sunday in hopes that our bike ride wouldn't be windy...boy were we all wrong and highly disappointed. The weekdays around here are super nice. We hit almost 90 a few days this week. And the weekends come and they just SUCK! I know, I probably sound bitter but dang, this is pushy me closer to my first mental breakdown of the season...and I prefer that the weather wasn't the contributing factor.
So Saturday we had gusts of wind between 40-50 mph! And I was out running in it?!?! Something was seriously wrong with me. I made it 17 miles and Lindsey and I called it good. Between the wind and the guy asking Lindsey to give her a massage on the trail, I think we had a decent run. I felt decent and managed to pickup my speed at the end! I think I could be on my way to be a little strong!
Sunday morning rolled around. I saw on the news it was going to be like 30 degrees in the morning but I thought, well hell, it will warm up quickly and the wind is suppose to be gone, so it can't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. I was suppose to be on my bike by 7:15am leaving Cool River, but sleep and cold pushed it to 7:30am. I got about 5 miles into it and called Alison who was meeting me later for 40 miles and said, I'm turning around, it is to FREAKIN cold out here and the head wind of 15mph is just making me mad. So I went home and laid on the couch and tried to warm up and decided, well I'm not getting any younger and neither is the day so I have to get out there and get this finished. I did some S. Mopac Loops and met up with Alison for a hilly Bee Cave ride. Amy showed up and we forced her to just get out there and ride with us. Thank goodness they were out there for the last 44 miles as I would have called it a day at about mile 40.
Monday: Swam and did spin class
Tuesday: PT and took the night off!
Wednesday: coldest open water swim ever and run class
Thursdays: PT, Yoga, took my ride outside, and a run
Friday: night off
Saturday: 17 miles of wind and whining
Sunday: 70 miles of cold, wind and what turned out to be a nice day