Monday, March 30, 2009

IMCDA Training Week 12

So the week got off to a rough start. I wasn't feeling well all week. I felt like I could puke at any moment morning, day or night. I managed to get in my workouts and more and just keep on trucking through all of it.

Then the weekend came and so did the wind. Saturday the wind was horrible. Lindsey(best running buddy)and I changed it up and ran on Saturday and decided to bike on Sunday. Let me just say that biking 100 miles on trashed legs is HARD! We did a pretty tough run on Saturday. Lots of freakin hills. Oh well...good training. We made it back to the rock and literally laid down on a bench and wanted to cry.

Sunday came and I'm so not feeling this ride at all. I have to meet a group of girls at about 8am to get this going. I show up and everyone is there feeling about the same as I was. We get going and manage to make it to mile marker 25 and turn around. Before I know it, we just did 50 miles. Half way home at this point. We take off our winter layer and head back out for another 50 miles. Wasn't to bad heading back out as we had a tail wind. We make the turn and the wind just about blew us over. It was gusting at this point! I keep telling myself only 25 miles to go and you are good to go! Before I knew it, I was back at the car and feeling pretty good leg wise and body wise. I hope it feels this way on race day.

All in all the week was a good week with a really long weekend thrown into the mix.

Week 12 details...
Monday: open water swim and spin
Tuesday: PT(core) run in the hood
Wednesday: swim and run
Thursday: outdoor ride and core
Friday: open water swim
Saturday: 20 mile run
Sunday: 100 mile ride