Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rain Day...

As much as we need it here in Central Texas, I really don't want it to be rainy and cold. This just puts a damper on Ironman training. It is suppose to rain until Saturday around here. Looks like it will be a lot of indoor training. I hate indoor training and want to be outside a majority of the time when the weather is great. But if it is cold and rainy, count me out. I'm a fair weather kinda of gal.

I'm just getting nervous for a few reasons...Lonestar Half Ironman is about 3 weeks away and why do I feel that I'm not ready for the bike portion? I think it has a lot to do with my new saddle that I've been testing and finally having a few good rides underneath me. I think the next is my lower back. I do feel like I'm on the road to recovery with it but I need to stay focused on it and make sure that I don't have a flare up with it. I want to be able to run a good portion of the 13 miles for this half ironman and hopefully make it in 7 hours this round and not cut it closer to 8 hours like I did on my first one.

And why does this rain just SCREAM don't swim today? I know I need to but man this rain just sucks and I did swim on Monday. Maybe I will skip :)