Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 11 of IMCDA Training...

This was a great week for training. The weather was finally GREAT for once and I felt somewhat good about my training plan and my hours I was putting in. It seems to be all coming together. Monday was kind of a bad day for me. Amy and I went to Barton Springs to get in our open water swim and we did our mile or so swim and get out and she noticed a few ants on my bag. No biggie, I still had my wetsuit on and they wouldn't be getting through that blubber anytime soon. So I get to the shower and shower up and grab my towel and start drying off and man, there were ants all over me...I was being eaten alive! I get them off me and I grab a t-shirt and it has ants all over it. I run out to where Amy is at and borrow her towel to at least dry my hair. I grab my stuff still ant infested and head to the car. I get to the car and they are all in my bag and I still feel like they are crawling all over me. I get back to work and feel like I'm being bit on my side and sure enough, there was one digging into my skin. I had to go home and clean out the entire car and bags to get rid of them.

I decided at the last minute to sign up for the Spokes and Spurs ride on Friday. Saturday was the ride and I was ready for an 80-90 mile ride. Saturday came early. 4:30am I'm up and at it. I had to be at the PTC at 6am to meet Val and Jane. We met up and drove up to Liberty Hill or BFE as I like to call it for this ride. It started out a little on the cool side but was convinced that I would warm up quickly and I did. I didn't get but 13 miles into the ride and had to stop and pee...I think it was from the cold and shivering before I got on my bike. I got back on and just settled into my pace and didn't care about the rest. I knew my nutrition was good so what else did I have to worry about. Karen catches me at about mile 20 and we ride the whole way after that together. It was nice to have her out there pushing me along. We decided not to head back to the ranch and cut the 88 mile ride to 80 miles. We just continued on and did our thing. A few rest stops and some deer and a goose flying with us and we finally made it back to the ranch. We were suppose to do a 50 minute run after that bike ride but my back was hurting and I was hungry. So I bailed on it. I ate my BEEF lunch and left. I was tired and was ready to be back home.

Sunday morning I got up and was not looking forward to a 17 mile run but knew I had Lindsey to keep me going. She is good for that. We meet at our usual spot and there is everyone else not looking so good. Everyone was having some tummy issues from the chicken they ate at the ride on Saturday. Glad I only eat BEEF at this point in my life. We made a few stops and did some walking and made it back to the car at 15 miles. We were trashed and hungry so we headed to P. Terry's for a good burger and some sunshine! I made it home and soaked in an ice bath for 15 minutes and did nothing the rest of the day.

Details for week 11.....
Monday: Open water swim and run
Tuesday: PT(core), indoor spin and short run
Wednesday: swim and run
Thursday: Outside ride
Friday: day off
Saturday: 80 mile ride
Sunday: 17 mile run