Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 10 of IMCDA Training

So this week was a little off focus for me. My in-laws arrived on Monday at the house for some rest and recovery. I managed to keep working out even though they were hear. By Wednesday, the weather turned nasty. Central Texas got some much needed rain and it was nice. But the downer to it...the COLD! It felt like December this week. We had to break out the long sleeves and coats again.

So with that, I flaked out on Wednesday night run with Gilbert. Thursday I went to spin class and thought well I'll get in a few extra minutes and miles and well I ended up with a flat. Friday, I had the day off from work and well working out also. I took Niki out for a run and it started to rain and that is when she quit on me. Rex's legs are too short to run so we didn't make it very far either. Saturday, I had a pretty decent run and got in my 15 miles all on the road and only about .5 of it them on the trail. Great change of pace. Sunday I rode 32 miles with Alison, Mike, and Eric and went to S. Mopac to finish when I decided, I was trashed. I had a flat on Bee Cave and my legs didn't want to function after that. I came home, did some yard work, and crawled back on the bike and did 10 miles in the "hood" to at least give myself 50 miles for the week. I wanted to put in more hours this week but I was really not in the mood. I did more than plan C called for so I guess that is good! At least good enough for me at this point.

Week 10 details...
Monday: Run practice
Tuesday: PT and spin practice with a brick
Wednesday: too cold to run
Thursday: Spin
Friday: a really short run
Saturday: 15 mile run
Sunday: 50 mile bike ride