Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 9 of Ironman Training

So we another week down for IMCDA! It was a lite week and I sure did need it. My body was tired. But it is always tired. Of course most of the week was very nice and the weekend was windy. I guess it is that time of year for the wind to blow down here. After watching the weather reports and trying to determine what the heck I was going to do...I decided to take it indoors on the computrainer for the bike ride. So that meant I had to do another run on Saturday and bike on Sunday.

I get up on Saturday morning after being able to sleep in! It was so awesome! Put on my running clothes and decide to stay near the house since I was having some tummy issues. I didn't get 4.5miles into it and had to make a mad dash home. I went back out and finished my 5miles and called it good. After that, I still didn't feel right all weekend but I managed.

Sunday rolled around and I'm up and at them come 5:40am. I didn't sleep well the night before and I was just not wanting to go sit on a computrainer for about 3.5 hours. I was at the PTC at 7am to enjoy the no wind on a bike ride. Val and Jess were there to give me some company on this boring ride. I get going and I feel somewhat good. I end up getting off my bike not to far into it because my tummy was hurting. I climb back on and continue to make it to about mile 40 before my legs are just killing me. I haven't felt this pain before on the bike. They just feel achy and my body feels dehydrated. So then it hits me...with all the stomach problems I've had in the last week and a half, I'm about 95% sure I'm dehydrated and that would be why my legs are just feeling like they do.

I call it at at 3.25 hours and get off that stupid thing. Other people were coming in and I didn't want to take their time on the trainer.

I go home and just have the worst cramps in my legs and in the oddest places. So for sure at this point it is dehydration from everything. I pretty much laid on the couch and did nothing for a few hours.

Week 9 Details:
Monday: Swam, ran and did core
Tuesday: spin class and pt(core)
Wednesday: went home and ran and only made it 2.5 miles and called it a night
Thursday: spin class, pt(core), did a short run
Friday: Day off
Saturday: 10 mile run
Sunday: 3.25 computrainer ride