Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Week 21 of IMCDA training

Well another week down and only 3 more to go! That's right, 3 weeks and we are crossing that finish line, and I can't wait.

Not much to report other than it was a long week. I came off a hard weekend and my body was telling me rest and I was pushing onward like an insane triathlete does.

I ended up taking all of Tuesday off because I raced on Monday. I went and had dinner with Jane(our very on little mental doctor on the team). I have to say she eased alot of nerves for me.

Wednesday night I did track practice and Gilbert made me do core instead as he said I needed more recovery time. Bernard and I wanted to go have beer but that was shut down by Gilbert. Oh yeah, I swam at lunch...should have rested.

Thursday, Alisa and I did a nice easy ride on S. Mopac and I have to say it was super nice.

Friday was my day off.

Saturday, worst ride of my life. I had race wheels on and was going turtle speed on that bike. My legs were so trashed that no matter how hard I tried, they didn't want to go up another hill or push down another hill. I'm about 2 miles from my car and blow a tire. I fix it and go to put my rear will back on and break my back brakes. So I have to call Collin to come and get me. $100 later, we have new back breaks, new chain, new cassette to tackle those hard hills and a nice tune up for CDA.

Sunday I had to do a 12 mile run with David. David is a fast runner and stayed with me for the first 6 miles and I made him go run is fast pace. I trotted along and met back up and we finished it out. About the last mile or so I pushed him to go on without me and Dionn came to my rescue. She kicked my butt into gear and pushed me to run hard. I was about to puke, but didn't, and finished strong with her!

We had our final IMCDA meeting and man did I about cry. It was tough to watch the video and not cry. Emotions are high right now and nerves are thin for me. I walked away scared and somewhat sure I am going to finish this race. Today, I'M FINISHING IRONMAN!