Friday, June 19, 2009

Week 24 of IMCDA! RACE WEEK!

The big dance has arrived. I didn't think I would see the light of day but it has come. Believe it or not, I'm not that nervous. I've talked with alot of people and I've battled my inner demons and had a chat with them and well we've all decided that this is just a day of training that is catered every 10 miles on the bike and every mile on the run. What more could you ask for...and well racing with 60+ of my closest friends! I'm ready. Xanax and all I'm ready!

I did a run this week, I rode my bike today and I did my swim. All in all not bad. The water here in Lake CDA is awesome! I don't have to wear my stupid neoprene cap or ear plugs. WOOO HOOOO! 64 degree water is not that bad.

But the bad thing around here...RAIN and WIND! What the hell? I'm hoping to not be wet on race day. That is all I ask for at this point.

I've managed to destroy a bedroom at the house we are staying at with all my tri gear. I have to get everything arranged tomorrow and back down to Ironman City. I get to turn in everything and just sit back and wait for Sunday morning!

My best friend from San Marcos drove all the way up here with her husband and kids in tow. Our dear friends from Montana showed up for this and the best of all will be Wilma and Georgie coming in for this! If Georgie can battle cancer and survive, I can battle ironman and survive...right?!?!

All, it's late and I'm heading to bed to sleep in tomorrow and have a nice breakfast with our friends up here in beautiful CDA.