Monday, June 15, 2009

Race Week!

Ok, so I have to say I'm a bit nervous and on edge. I just want this race to be here and be over with. I say that and then I think, wait, am I prepared? Did I do enough?

This weekend was so nice. I can't tell you the last time I was able to sleep in on a Sunday morning until 7:30am and be back on the couch at 11:15am laying down taking a nap! It was the best ever. And in the middle of all that, my hubby to me to breakfast! We haven't had breakfast with each other in probably 6 months...so that was a very nice treat.

The weekend was packed full even though I didn't even train. Friday night I had to pack my tri bike transport bag. I think I unpacked it and packed it back up 3-4 times to make sure I could fit everything and had everything. Saturday, I went and watched a little kids swim meet! They are so cute. I left there and went and had my hair cut and colored(can't cross the ironman line with gray split end hair) and went to the outlet mall and bought me another new pair of Oakley's. I have a saying, I may suck it up during the race, but dang it, I want to look good doing it. Sunday, I slept in, washed my car, went to breakfast, laid mulch in the flower beds and hibernated indoors(cleaned and napped).

Here it is Monday and I have some sort of sinus drainage going on(blaming the hubby for this as he had it Saturday and Sunday and has a headache today). I'm hoping that this is all it is and it doesn't get any worse than this.