Friday, October 31, 2008

Week Before My First Half-Ironman!

So we are nearing the end of the training for the half-ironman I signed up for. I have to say I feel good about going into it. About a month ago, I didn't think I would make it off the bike to run. But I got those issues worked out and discovered more issues with the IT Band in the right leg. I'm seeing two drs for the problem that have put me through more pain than before. I have to remind myself that it is a good pain and it will help me get through the long run on this half-ironman.

After all the training I've done, I have to say that I'm not at all nervous or scared just yet. I don't know that I will be. I know that I only have one goal at this point and that is to finish and to finish with grace and comfort! That means, don't fall off the bike at the dismount line(did this at Galveston)and hopefully not have any pain in the lower back or in the leg.