Friday, October 31, 2008

Last Week of Hill Repeats with a fall off the bike to start it...

So last week, I went out to do hill repeats with a few peeps. We get down to the bottom of Lost Creek and get ready to turn around to do our first hill repeat. Well I turned but not all the way and hit the pavement. Man, did I fall. I get up and see that I'm not bleeding, THANK GOD, and then realize that my freaking elbow and arm are killing me. I start to cry and walk my bike to the stop sign. For me, I don't want anyone to see me cry. So I get on my bike and ride and cry some more. I didn't stop crying until about half way up Lost Creek. I tried to go down into areo's and it hurt to bad to do so.

We make it to the top and continue to do more hill repeats. We were scheduled to do 5 and well after 4 I let go of the handle bars and a cramp forms in my left hand from the fall. At that point, I'm done. I waited at the top for everyone to finish.

A few days passed and elbow as a little tender but my upper arm was killing me! I guess I hit harder than I thought. Finally a week later and the pain is gone.

Dang hill repeats are more painful in more ways than one.