Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Month 5 of Half-Ironman Training

Here we are again. Another month down and only a few weeks left to go. I'm finally rounding my last week of long rides and runs. Well long rides at least. This last weekend I started my run and got to mile 3 or so and started having bad knee pains. My assumption...IT band problems again but now in the opposite leg. So I came home and iced, used the foam roller, stretched, took some meds and nothing. Monday I swam thinking I could "work" it out or something. Tuesday night I went to spin and talked with PT Vicky. She met with me after class and threw down the pain! OUCH! I am tender to the touch today but I can at least move and walk with no problems. I went to see my chiropractor for more work on it and it hurt like hell. So no running this week says the two Dr's. Fine by me. I just need this fixed by November 9th or its an aquabike for me.

I've worked so hard and logged many hours to get to this point and I really, really don't want to do an aquabike unless I have to. What a disappointment that would be after all I've done.

Month 5 has started off a little rough but I think we can have it back on track in a week or so.