Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday, October 18th Bike Ride

Since I didn't get home until about 1 am and from NKOTB and had to be up at 5:30am I was tired starting this what should have been 70 mile bike ride but ended up to be 50 miles in the end.

My best friend Alison was along for the ride this morning. We started out and it was a little on the chilly side. Oh well...we have to get this done. No waiting. We got all the gear rounded up and headed out.

I lost a water bottle at some railroad tracks and didn't realize it until about 10 miles later. I just wanted it to be there when I went back. They are expensive. And it was there on our way back!

As we made the turn at mile 25 Alison says "that horse over there looked like a bear for a minute." I was laughing and wondered what she had been smoking...not really but just funny to hear on a bike ride.

Then she proceeds to tell me she is counting roadkill today. I think the count end at 10 or more. I didn't count she did. I guess what ever gets you through a ride then you will do it.

All in all for me it was a good ride today. My lower back is not hurting any more and my legs feel great! Now if I can only get the IT band problem fixed, I'm good to go!