Thursday, October 23, 2008

TV Shows I watch...and why...

So the other night Discovery Channel came back with another great show we like to watch...Storm Chasers! We watched this last season for the first time and loved it. Pretty much they film tornadoes through the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Kinda cool to see our small towns own TV.

While watching this we came across an advertisement for a new series, The Iditarod! I don't know why this fascinates me but for some reason but it does. I think anything in Alaska and on TV I will watch...Deadliest Catch should say it all and Ice Road Truckers! Back to the Iditarod. At first I didn't think I could watch because of something happening to a dog, but man, these dogs love it. There is a woman on there who had breast cancer and has been doing this race for 26 years! She wears all pink and has all her dogs in pink harnesses also. Kinda cool to hear the stories.

So today I got online and researched this race and found out that it is $4000 to enter the toughest race in the world! I don't know that I would pay this to freeze for 1000 miles, risk breaking something, risk my dogs lives, risk my life, and did I mention it was freezing cold!

Anyway...just one more TV show I for see me being addicted to in the future. I have to find out who wins!