Monday, April 20, 2009

Week 15 of IMCDA training...WINDY

Ok, I'm getting really pissed at the weather this year. The weekdays around Central Texas are super nice, probably little to or no wind, sunny, and warm. The weekend comes and we have rain, thunder, lightening, and WIND! We haven't had one weekend this year in 15 weeks that seems worth a damn! Throw me a freakin bone one weekend on some good weather.

This past weekend we were to ride 90 miles on the bike and run 20 miles. Friday I had some thoughts of doing my 20 mile run after work and I decide to head home for a nap, time with the dogs and dinner with the hubby. Saturday came and I was at the trail at 7:15am to get my run on and the it was raining, lightening and thundering. Why risk my life for a 20 mile run, I need to make it to the start line. By about 11am the storms moved on and it was warm, no WIND and sunny! What the heck, I should have went out for my run or bike. Sunday morning I get up and hear the trees already moving. I go outside and what do you know...WIND! I get my gear together and head out to meet the group for the 90 miles we were to do. We have a tail wind on the way out...so nice. We have to turn around at mile 20 and the WIND was brutal. We make it to San Marcos with a tail wind that was oh so nice. Coach Mo made me hop on his back wheel for some drafting action for about 8 miles and I loved every minute of it. Who knew I could keep up or go that fast. Then it feel apart from there. The WIND was coming straight at us and we just had to push onward.

I get about 12 miles or so from the car and I call Collin to tell him to meet me as I'm done. I was at the grocery store so I had to keep pushing. I make it to the meeting spot and no Collin. Ok, so I keep going. He finds me at a corner with a group of the best gal pals and I told him to go home, I would make it to my car and I did.

I just want decent weather for a few weekends. My bike rides suck right now. I feel like I'm on a treadmill going nowhere fast these days.

Week 15 details:
Monday: open water swim and run
Tuesday: pt and biked outdoors
Wednesday: swim and run
Thursday: bike and short run
Friday: day off
Saturday: day off
Sunday: 90 mile bike ride
Monday: 20 mile run