Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 13 and 14 of IMCDA Training

Since I didn't do much these two weeks, I figured I should just lump them together and keep them short.

Week 13 details...
Pretty much did the taper that I love to do. Keep it strong at the beginning of the week and let it work its way down from there. I was fresh and ready to go on the morning of Lonestar Half Ironman. But that quickly went to crap...(see race report).

Week 14 details...
Since I cut my feet on some oysters I spent the week cycling and taking it easy. I didn't run once and my feet thank me very much for that. I ended up taking the whole weekend off also. It felt great to do that. I haven't had that since training has started and mentally I needed that more than anything. I slept in, cleaned the house, worked in the yard and spent time with friends and the hubby. IT WAS GREAT!

Here we are on week 15 and I feel refreshed. I'm back at it and feel great about where I'm at with my training. Before I know it, June 21st will be here and be over with.