Friday, February 19, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics


OMG! This has to be some the best winter Olympics I've watched. I'm a huge sports fan to begin with but give me some downhill skiing and some speed skating and I can be entertained for hours and wishing that my parents would have pushed me harder as a child and lived somewhere that had lots of snow for me to train for something like that. But since that didn't happen, I will sit back on my couch and cheer on the US Teams!

From the start, Apolo Ohno and JR Celski rocked the speed skating to win sliver and bronze. Shani Davis rocked the long track to take the gold. Lindsey Vonn was lighting fast on the downhill to take the gold and Julie Mancuso with the silver. Bode Miller took charge in the men's downhill to win the bronze and Shaun White, well he is the rock of the Olympics! You can't even come close to snowboarding against this guy. He tears it up every time he straps that snowboard to his feet. The women snowboarders showed they are strong also and walked away with sliver and bronze last night.

I can't seem to get enough of the Olympics. I wish they came around every year.
The US is standing strong with a medal count of 18 as of this morning. Congrats to TEAM USA!