Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 in review


I sit here at my desk and think about what a year 2009 was and where it went so quickly. 2009 started off with a bang and a swift kick in the butt. I threw myself right into training for an ironman. For 6 months, I left behind a husband and 2 adorable dogs to do what...train for an ironman that I didn't finish. That's right, I DIDN'T FINISH. I feel that even though I didn't finish I walked away discovering so much more about myself. I've learned to control most of my anxiety with the help of a great doctor or two. I've learned that no matter who much I worked for something and wanted it so badly, that in reality not finishing was the best thing that probably happened to me.

I can't thank my loving husband enough for being there for me when I was never home but to eat and sleep and probably complain about something.

In April, we headed down to Galveston so I could participate in the Galveston half ironman. I was mentally and physically ready for this day until I cut my feet on some oyster beds. I dropped out at mile 7 on the run. I was pissed. But oh well, it happens.

In June, not only did we travel to Idaho for me to participate in my first Ironman, but e had an awesome vacation in CDA and Montana. We spent time with some of our dearest friends ever.

July came and I was just so happy to finally get back to being normal and hanging out with my friends I ditched for 6 months. If your friends don't train with you, well kiss them goodbye during ironman training.

August...on word...HOT!

September came and I started to just ease into things. I started playing tennis which I loved! I reconnected with an old friend that is now my best friend. I never knew we had so much in common.

On to October. Wow, I had the best 30th surprise birthday party of my life. Never saw it coming. I also went home and surprised my family for a weekend that they had no clue that I was doing.

November started the craziness for the holidays. My in laws showed up for Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving in San Marcos again. I just love that tradition now.

Now to December. This has been the craziest month of all. We had our first Christmas party at our house. My sales guys gave me cash once again this year..WOOO HOOO! We took both dogs home for Christmas this year. We have decided that we need a much bigger car for the 4 of us. The dune buggy(Nissan Rogue)just isn't big enough for road trips.