Friday, November 20, 2009

If it's not one dog its the other...


So about 3 weeks ago, I noticed Rex was kinda hurting if you picked him up wrong. So right away, I rushed him to the vet as any over protect mommy would do. The vet game him some anti-inflammatory and some pain meds and sent us on our way. I asked from shots but he didn't think it was necessary. I swore to him that about 3 years ago(read the records)we were in here for the exact same thing.

So we head home and I do the whole med thing and well...he seemed to be getting better. So I stopped the meds after about a week. The next week he seemed fine and then well week 3 came along. He was kinda not being himself and we just kinda went on about it. I started the meds back up again. We got home on Friday and I noticed he was super uncomfortable. I was going to try and get him out to the vet that day and I just couldn't get away from work. So I begged collin to let me take him to the 24 hour vet and he said, "I'm not paying $85 for them to see him, he can wait until 8am to go to our vet for cheaper." So I had to go along with it. We left for a while came home and went to bed. At about 4:15am he just started screaming like someone had run over him. We rush him to the vet to get muscle spasm medicine. We finally got home at 6:15 am to take a nap and baby him the rest of the day and night.

On Monday, we take him back to our vet to have x-rays run as he was still in bad pain. Even barking was hurting him. The vet gives more meds, x-rays, and steroid shots and we are finally home and feeling like a dog again.

I take him to work on Tuesday and he was fine. Collin was with him Wednesday and Thursday and I was home all day on Friday. But today he started to cry out again when he was barking so we are back on pain meds.

I just want to stay out of the vet for 2 weeks at a time!