Sunday, August 9, 2009

A GREAT weekend!

I had a GREAT weekend! Saturday morning my closets friends wanted to do the NOCC Balance 5k. We made our way to down town, signed up and got on our way to walking our 5k! It was super fun being with them and then heading to breakfast with them.

I came home cleaned my house, took a nap and went out to dinner and to a get together to meet new friends. Kinda nice to meet new people.

Sunday I slept in. Seems to be my trend right now. I love it and missed it for 6 months and didn't think I would ever go back to sleeping past 6am on a Sunday morning. Boy was I wrong, I drug my butt out of bed at 8:45am this morning only because the dogs needed out.

I got dressed and forced my way to town lake trail. I told myself to go for at least a 5 mile loop and then a 3 three mile loop. I was doing well on my 5 mile loop until well....my tummy started to hurt. I only did 5 miles and headed home and walked the dogs and enjoyed my Sunday afternoon.

At this point, I'm still undecided about doing the Conroe Half-Ironman again. I don't have the motivation to want to train unless I just want to do short stuff. Like 30 miles for a Saturday ride and 5 miles for a Sunday run. LOVE IT!