Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ironman Coeur D' Alene


Looks like I've made the decision to enter my very first IRONMAN! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I will have to endure 2.4 for miles in the water, 112 miles on the bike and 26 miles of running. I've been asked, why do you want to put yourself through that? Well the answer goes as is...WHY NOT! Very few people do this and I want to be one of the ones that crosses that finish line. I want to have a sense of accomplishment knowing that I just completed 140.6 miles in one day.


T3, the triathlon team that I train with here in Austin, TX has made CDA the team Ironman for 2009. They are the best triathlon group to train with for an Ironman. I have seasoned coaches that have several Ironman finishes underneath them. So I have all the tools I need at the touch of my fingertips. All I have to do is put them to work and get to training.


Ironman CDA will be in June of 09 so I have plenty of time to get my mind wrapped around this and start working on my running. That seems to be the worst for me. But with help from others and just putting in more miles each week and month, I will get to the point that I can be somewhat comfortable at this.