Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Questioning if I should do an Ironman event



The last few days I've had the "ironman itch". I feel like I want to do one for the sense of accomplishment and to be among the few in this world that finished one. But I have the fear of not finishing. The 26 mile run after the 112 mile bike ride just seems painful. I know I could do a run/walk and make it through it but do I want to put myself through that? If I do any Ironman event it will probably be in Coeur D' Alene, ID. We have lots of friends up there and we are about due to head up that way to see everyone and everything. I have a few months before registration to think about this. I've also need to complete a half ironman before I do a full one.

I just don't know that I want to sell my soul to the devil for about 6-7 months to train hard. I like having my weekends to myself if I want to do something different other than ride a bike and run.