Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Rookie Triathlon


Another day and another week of training. Here I am, just a few days before my next triathlon, The Rookie. Last year this was my first race and I was super nervous and didn't have a clue what to expect that morning. But this year, I'm prepared. I've completed a race already this season and I'm faster and stronger than I was last year at this time.

I'm going into this race with the mindset of having fun and just beating my times from last year. I already have the time portion of the race beat now just having fun will be the next step. I always seem to have the hardest time with this. I go into it way to serious and just need to focus on having a good time and finishing the darn thing.

This race will go as is...
300 meter swim
11.1 mile bike ride
2 mile run

Not bad for a Saturday morning.

I'm sure I will be posting more as time draws near and after the race.