Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh my aching tooth!

For about the last 2 weeks I've been battling some bad headaches due to my wisdom teeth still being in my head. Yep, 30 years old and I still have them. So I finally arrived at that point where I couldn't handle it anymore and I just wanted them out. I went in on a Thursday afternoon for x-rays and on Friday morning I was having them cut out.

Believe it or not, I was not one bit nervous for this. I'm usually a basket case when it comes to going to the dentist. We arrive and start the waiting game. Alison shows up so Collin can leave to head to work. We take a few pics and then head back to get me prepped.

They stick me with the IV twice, ask me a few questions and before I know it, I'm out. I guess they continued to ask questions and I answered with, "I only eat BEEF, and is this what heroin feels like?"

I wake up and don't remember how I got from the lethal injection chair to the recovery chair. All I know is I wanted my teeth and wanted to see them NOW! So they showed me. And I looked at Alison and said lets go, I'm hungry. I grabbed a ton of latex gloves(remember I'm out of it)and we head out.

On our way out of the building walking through some construction, I was trying to find Alison a boyfriend. And then once at the car, I tapped on the window of a truck and asked if he needed a girlfriend. She puts my drunk butt in the car and I start drunk dialing people. I have to say, it was freakin funny to hear the voicemail that Hillary saved.

We went for yogurt and I had it running all down my face, blood coming out of my mouth and God knows what else was going on. We make it home and we both crash in bed and take a really good nap.

Pain is still not bad, I'm still numb and kinda out of it. I continue on about my day and taking my pain meds. All I wanted for dinner was pasta from whole foods. So we left for some pasta and come back home to walk in the door to niki having another seizure. I didn't freak out. Poor thing. I'm just glad we were there when she had it.

Saturday the pain wasn't bad. I slept alot. Sunday, well, the pain was kinda worse. Monday I worked from home and slept and it was a good thing I did. I felt great on Monday. Tuesday was the worst day of pain. I made my way into work, took my meds and slept on the couch for over 2 hours until I was sober to drive. Made my way back to the dentist to find out I had dry sockets. So they start packing them and holy crap was that the most painful experience of my life. I needed an injection for that. And they offered it to me after the fact, hello, I'm done now, no need to do that. I cried and left. Finally some relief.

I walk in the door to find Niki had an upset tummy and had pooped everywhere! The smell was terrible. So I'm crying and cleaning. I finally finish and just lay on my couch hoping that the pain will go away.

Hillary came over and we went to do some retail therapy and I was home and in bed by 9pm. I woke up this morning feeling better. The pain is creeping back on my I'm taking my meds.