Friday, September 18, 2009

A week of being sick

It all started on Monday. I my throat was starting to itch and just be tender. So I went to a concert to see Stoney La Rue and Jason Boland and drink some Vodka thinking well, if you can clean with it and it kill things, then maybe it will make my throat feel better...and well, not so much.

Tuesday, I was taking in lots of zinc, airborne, and immune fizz. Trying to fight off whatever was hitting me. I decided what better way to make yourself feel better than to go play some tennis with Hillary. At least we would be laughing for an hour or more.

Wednesday, I woke up and felt like crap. I was having hot flashes and my head was hurting. I went to work and toughed it out and pulled myself together to go run 4 miles with some of my fave gal pals. I felt great during and after the run.

Thursday, I woke up and felt even worse. I didn't sleep at all and my head was killing me and my nose was running. I had to work from home for the first half of the morning so I laid on the couch and slept and worked. Finally got up and got dressed and made my way to lunch and the office. I was there for maybe an hour and left and came home and worked and slept some more. I felt fine at about 6pm so I went and played another round of tennis. By this time the voice was going south.

Friday morning comes, and well, no voice. I felt somewhat ok until my head started hurting. I made my way to work to have people laugh at me and to have my boss and VP tell me they had better not see me at my desk when they come back from lunch. So I came home, laid on my couch worked, and took a nice long nap.

I'm hoping by Saturday my voice is back to normal.