Friday, November 14, 2008

My Triathlon Future...

During the race I kept telling myself there was no freaking way I was doing another one of these much less an IRONMAN! At mile 12 Alison was there to witness the meltdown and hear me say this again and say, "I will have to walk another 13 miles, are you kidding me?"

I crossed the line and said, "there is no f@#$ing way I'm doing IMCDA" and all the way home I said that.

Monday morning I got up and said there is no f@#$ing way I'm doing IMCDA. Then Collin said, "pain is only temporary." I told him I would slug him if I heard that again as he had no clue.

Tuesday my thoughts were, "I'm not doing it."

Wednesday my thoughts were, "Well maybe I would at least do another half and not let it beat me down as I know what to expect now, and hell, I'm signed up to go do IMCDA so I have to at least train for it and see what happens."

Thursday, I met with Coach Chrissie or as we know her, Coach Pain, and we talked about everything. She encouraged me and we talked about what went wrong and what was the worst part. So I left there with the thoughts of, "I'm doing Galveston half ironman in April, and I'm doing IMCDA."

Friday, I'm doing CDA!

From what I understand this is the normal thought process and I was told to give it at least a week.