Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pen Pals - Shawnda and Leslie


After 18 years of being pen pals from the 2nd grade I finally made it to NY to meet Leslie's family. She has been to Texas to meet my family and experience the great Texas BBQ and Mexican food so now it was time for us to head North.
We did our share of site seeing in NYC and shopping and eating some of the best Italian food ever. But best of all we me spent time with her and her wonderful family. I felt like I've known them all my life. It was an awesome experience that I will never forget.
This picture is was taken in front of Teddy Roosevelt's home in Oyster Bay, NY.
I have now made the vow to make it to NY or plan a vacation with her family every two years! I have to say, I would have never thought that I would have had a pen pal for so long and managed to stay in touch for so many years.